a fair affair – Northern Australia’s dedicated wedding inspiration destination
Here at a fair affair we are always looking for weddings and inspiration to feature on our website. We take submissions from all over Northern Australia, from Darwin to Katherine and Kununurra to Broome, and we are also looking for weddings to feature from Asia (calling all you Bali Brides!). So if you have been married recently and want to relive that moment again, send us your wedding we would love to share it with our readers.
It’s very easy to submit your wedding to us, all you have to do is sit down with a nice warm or cold drink and make yourself comfortable! Write us your fascinating, emotional and fabulous love story and choose your photos to send, that’s it! and to help you bring back memories we have included a series of topics to help you to write you’re a fair affair story…
- Your names and date married. How you met, was it love at first sight? The proposal, he said she said?
- Your wedding style, theme & colour palette, how you decided on this and if you changed your mind a few times?
- Wedding dress: was it the first one you tried on or did you search endlessly for “the one” and to get “that feeling”? Was it the dress you always dreamed of wearing?
- Wedding venue: a church, a beach or a garden? Or something a little different? Please feel free to go into depth about your ceremony and reception highlights.
- Wedding photos: Did you hire a professional or use a friend? And where were your photos taken?
- Was the budget small or large, and any saving tips for our readers? Guest numbers, was your wedding small and intimate or a large affair!!
- The Honeymoon: Did you jump on a plane straight away and where was your destination?
- When you look back at your day we would love to hear a few things like your favourite moments, what you wish you had known, any advice for future couples and would you change anything at all?
These topics are just a general guideline, so feel free to share as much or as little as you wish, remembering that your story could inspire other couples who are about to embark on their new journey together.
Please note the following: We generally prefer to have your photographer send us a link to your wedding portfolio, that way we can be assured that they will be web ready with branding removed. You can email your submissions to email@example.com via regular email, or any photo sharing sites like Pixieset, Dropbox, WeTransfer or YouSendit – and please ensure that you have permission from your photographer (if required) if sending through yourself. From here we will select the photos that we feel best fit your story and our site.
Lastly, be sure to include all the vendors (with links) that helped in making your wedding day come to life:
Beauty, Bridal Boutiques, Catering, Desserts & Cakes, Event Design & Planning, Fashion, Favours, Floral Design, Furniture Hire, Handmade details, Honeymoon, Invitations & Paper, Jewellery, Lighting Hire, Music & Entertainment, Officiant / Celebrant, Photography, Registry, Rentals & Props, Styling, Transportation, Venues and Videography.
Don’t forget, a fair affair also feature Engagement Shoots, Day After and Trash the Dress Shoots, Styled Shoots and DIY Projects, so if you are a wedding vendor please feel free to send us your submissions also..
a fair affair xo